Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Meet Kristen Rheinlander




Kristen Rheinlander is the newest face that you will see when you come into our Fort Worth Office.  She is managing our Light The Night event in Fort Worth. Kristen has been personally affected by Leukemia and comes to LLS with a strong background in non profits. Below she answered a couple questions about herself:


1. Tell us about your nonprofit background.
I have been involved in numerous nonprofit organizations volunteering for The USO, Defenders of Freedom, Canine Companions for Independence and the Ronald McDonald House of both Fort Worth and Dallas. Volunteering, and now ultimately having my career in nonprofits, brings so much gratification and joy to my daily life. I am so fortunate to be able to help others on a daily basis and really makes every day at the office feel rewarding.


2. What attracted you to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society?

Leukemia has personally effected my family, and when the opportunity arose to work for an organization that is so strong within the Fort Worth Community, I knew my heart was with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society North Texas Chapter.



3. What do you think is so interesting about working with teams and individuals in a fundraising capacity?
I love that everyone VOLUNTEERS their time and money to such a worthy cause. As volunteers they have their own personal and unique reason to support our mission, yet the overwhelming goal to bring light to the darkness of cancer. While they could choose to look at cancer as such a dark and lonely space, they instead come together and inspire each other and become a light in each other’s lives.


4. What are you most looking forward to at the Light The Night Walk in Fort Worth?

I am excited to see the Fort Worth community come together and spread hope and joy to one another. While many of them will come as stranger, they all come together for one common mission, and I look forward to seeing friendships formed and fun being had throughout the night.



5. What do you want people to know about you?

I come from both a personal and professional background in sports, where I felt something was missing, so I turned my career to nonprofits. I have always had a heart for helping others and I look forward to making my passion my purpose in the fundraising sector of the nonprofit world. I am thrilled to work for such a worthy cause and can already tell The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society will make my life and heart even that much greater.


You can find Kristen in and out of our Fort Worth office.  She can be reached via email at kristen.rheinlander@lls.org or phone at 817-288-2634.  Welcome to LLS!  We are so excited to have you on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment