Pages

Friday, May 13, 2016

MWOY Candidate: George Meza


George Meza, a blood cancer survivor and member of the North Texas Board of Trustees, is currently fundraising as a candidate of the Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY) campaign.  Read below as he introduces himself and why he is so passionate about this campaign.

"I have been supporting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) since 2006.  My support started by participating in the Society's Team in Training sports endurance program.  Over 10 years I have completed approximately (10) 100 Mile Cycling events, (5) Triathlons (4) Marathons all the while raising over $60,000 for the LLS mission of finding a cure for blood cancers.  Over the last 3 years I have also served on The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Board of Trustees. 

In 2009 I was diagnosed with Follicular B Cell Lymphoma a non-curable blood cancer.  Click on THIS VIDEO  to learn about my cancer journey and how it has enriched my life.   Learn more about me and my fundraising efforts on my MWOY fundraising page."

The North Texas Man & Woman of the Year campaign wraps up with a black tie Grand Finale Gala on Saturday, June 18th.  Reserve your table today.

No comments:

Post a Comment