1. What made you decide to run the BMW Dallas Marathon?
I started participating with Team In Training in 2015. My initial promise was to participate in one event per year. 2016, one event did not feel like enough. I completed the San Diego Rock N Roll Half Marathon in June. December's BMW Dallas Marathon is here at home and perfect fit for my second event this year.
2. What does it mean to you that the BMW Dallas Marathon has been named a national event for Team In Training?
I'm thrilled this event is being included in the list of national events for Team In Training. North Texas is my home. It's time the power of purple runners and walkers rally together to end blood cancer in Big D.
My dear friend and Honored Hero, Don Armstrong.
4. Finish this sentence, I do “TNTBecause…”
It's my duty. I believe GOD put us here to help one another. I am physically able to participate, raise money and share a message of hope that every step represents, helping one more person beat cancer.
5. Tell us about the team you’ve formed to run the relay with.
IDLife is a Health & Wellness Company. We put people and their long-term health first. Simply put, each one of the team members participating is committed to supporting causes that end human suffering. Team In Training is aligned with our personal and professional mission. My team is made up of Joe, Ann Marie, Bo & Lizzy! Together we will complete the race in December.
Did you know?
- BMW Dallas Marathon is the longest running race in the state of Texas
- More than 40 different bands are on the course for your entertainment
- Stay 2 nights at the TNT hotel and you can skip expo lines and have your packet waiting in your hotel room!
- Earn Awesome Fundraising Incentives
Join the Dallas Marathon TNT Team or join the 5 Person Relay! 150 people have already taken the challenge. Contact Mariel Bongiovanni for more details.