Pages

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Looking For Interns


Karsyn Scherer is a senior journalism student at the University of North Texas. She grew up in McKinney, Texas. Karsyn lost her dad to Leukemia when she was 11 years old. Since then, she has enjoyed dancing, writing and yoga. After graduation, she hopes to continue to help create a world without blood cancers.  Karsyn just finished a summer internship with the North Texas Chapter.

What made you decide to intern at LLS?
I chose to intern at LLS because my dad lost his life to Leukemia seven days after my 11th birthday. The trauma really got to me, so I want to do my part to help avoid that situation for others.

Which campaign were you involved with this summer?
I worked on multiple campaigns but the two I did the most work with were Links Fore Leukemia and Man and Woman of the Year.

What would you consider the most valuable part of your internship?
I value the real world experience that I received while interning for LLS, but the fact that my time helped others is what I value most.

What skills will you take with you from this internship to utilize in your future endeavors?
I learned how to organize events, help others fundraise, how to ask and receive donations and how to work in a professional environment.

* * * * * *
We are currently seeking fall interns for both the Dallas and Fort Worth offices.  Contact Alexis Meyer at Alexis.Meyer@lls.org to learn more about the available opportunities.  Find the job description and application info here

No comments:

Post a Comment