Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Road to Kona: Cole's Personal Honored Hero


Every Team In Training (TNT) participant runs in honor of their team Honored Hero.  Cole Bryan, who is representing North Texas at the Kona IRONMAN World Championship, has his own personal Honored Hero.  Read below as he talks about the boy that inspires his every race.

"Austin is a hero. He's my hero. People like him are the reason I do what I do. Austin and I met about 3 years ago through Team in Training. His mom, Kristen, was running a marathon to support LLS. My secret crush (now my wife) was doing the same event.

Austin was on the tail end of a 3 1/2 year battle with leukemia. During that time, he lost his hair multiple times. He was in and out of the hospital. But, no matter how many times he got knocked down, he got back up..... with a smile on his face. That guy is tough. He's 12 years old now and is over 18 months cancer free!

Here is a pic of Austin handing out age group awards at the Honored Hero Run in 2013. When I raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, it's not for a faceless organization in some far away land. It's for real people right here in Texas."

You don't have to compete in an Ironman to make a difference.  Register for Team In Training and race for your own Honored Hero.


No comments:

Post a Comment