Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2017

New Patient Services Access Manager




We are excited to introduce the new North Texas Patient Access Manager. Dawn Guerrero comes to LLS after recently completing her Masters in Business Administration degree at the local Argosy University campus here in Dallas. She has experience with multiple non profits including the Red Cross in Virginia.  Dawn will be working directly with all of our patients. She took a few minutes to answer a few questions so we can all meet her.

1. Tell us about your nonprofit background.  
For seven years I worked with the American Red Cross in Virginia running the regional stem cell donor program.  There we educated and recruited donors and then facilitated the donation process when a match was found.

2. What attracted you to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society?

When I saw the opening for Patient Access Manager, I knew it was the perfect fit for my skills and interests.  Now I can impact more lives by supporting patients directly.  
 

3. Tell us about your history in working with patients and the cancer industry.

My past experience was on the donor side of the transplant world.  My center facilitated both bone marrow transplants and peripheral blood cell transplants.  My center was one of the first centers to perform an allogeneic PBSC donation through the National Marrow Donor Program.
4. What are you most looking forward to with interacting with the North Texas Community?
Impacting lives and making sure the services that are needed in the community are readily available. 

5. What do you want people to know about you?

I grew up an avid soccer player and even played on a German women’s professional team when I was younger.  I continue my obsession with sports by now watching soccer, football, hockey and tennis as a fan. After tearing my ACL I decided to switch to a tamer sport, tennis, in order to stay active.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Dawn Guerrero is the Patient Access Manager of the North Texas Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and author of this monthly blog series.  She has a Masters in Business Administration and has experience working with varied aspects of the healthcare industry. 

Contact Dawn:
Dawn.Guerrero@lls.org 
972-996-5905

No comments:

Post a Comment