Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Susan on LLS Services: An Introduction



The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) offers a wide range of offerings and services to blood cancer patients, their family members, caregivers and survivors.  In an effort to better educate people of what LLS has to offer in North Texas, we are starting a monthly series that will highlight the different services and how you can get the most out of them.

This month we introduce Susan Allen, the new Patient Access Manager for North Texas.  Susan will be writing this monthly series.


Hello,

My name is Susan Allen and I am the Patient Access Manager (PAM) for LLS.
As the PAM in the North Texas Chapter I am focused on serving our patients and their families. I am the person on the other end of the phone when they call that has the opportunity to listen to their story, find out their needs and connect them with the services that will help meet those needs. LLS is a large organization that works tirelessly to raise money for research in order to cure the patients but, the North Texas Chapter is a small family that cares about the patients on a day to day basis by offering them one on one support, co-pay assistance, educational opportunities and community resources.

My personal journey to find my way to LLS started in 1992 when I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and became associated with the Society. In 1995 I had the pleasure of participating in Team In Training and running Hawaii Marathon and have always stayed in touch with LLS. I am also a registered Nurse and a Certified Nurse Navigator so the opportunity to work with the patients and their families through their Cancer Journey is very near to my heart and something that I strive to do with excellence. What an honor to have this job and be the one to develop that special relationship with those going through cancer.

Being a 22 survivor I look forward to gathering other Blood Cancer Survivor’s and becoming a “Champions” for those that have a way to go. We can offer them hope, support and lend out voices to become advocates to make sure that those patients have access to the care and treatment that they need.


Take Care and LLS will always be there… if you need us,


Susan Allen
Susan.Allen@lls.org
(972) 996-5905

No comments:

Post a Comment