The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is proud to introduce the Susan Lang Pay-it-Forward Patient Travel Assistance program. Blood cancer patients who qualify for this program will receive a credit card for their treatment-related travel expenses in an effort to help eliminate out of pocket expenses.
Patient eligibility requirements:
- Applicants (patients) must be US citizens or permanent residents which is verified by applicant's physical address; and
- Applicants must have a confirmed diagnosis of blood cancer; and
- Applicants may be insured or uninsured; and
- Applicants must meet financial eligibility criteria defined as an annual income at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
A one-time grant of $500 is available for qualified patients per year:
- Awards are limited to one per patient, per year; and
- Awards are based upon first-come first-serve basis; and
- The program will be offered for as long as funding is available
Patients who qualify can learn more about the program and APPLY HERE.
About Susan Lang:
At a young age, Susan Lang was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). At a difficult time in Susan’s journey, the seemingly impossible happened. Her family received much needed financial assistance from friends, neighbors and even people she did not know. Unfortunately, Susan died at the age of 14. Since her passing, Susan’s family committed to “paying it forward,” and has supported LLS in their New Jersey community, to help other patients and families dealing with blood cancers. Now, through an act of great generosity, Susan’s family has made it possible to provide assistance to more patients through the LLS Patient Travel Assistance Program.