Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Fort Worth Patient Advocate: A New Resource for Patients



The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is adding another resource for patients right here in North Texas.  I am so thrilled to introduce and assume the role as the Fort Worth Patient Advocate.  This position is similar to what I did at Baylor Sammons Cancer Center.  I will be meeting one-on-one with patients (at all stages of their cancer battle) and their loved ones in order to introduce them to the resources LLS offers.

I will be at Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical Center - Fort Worth one day a week, the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (Fort Worth location and clinics in the surrounding areas - Arlington, Burleson and Weatherford) two days a week. We, as LLS, have not had a dedicated staff member for patient access in Tarrant County until this point, and I am so excited to be able to say that these patients can now have more personal access to the resources LLS provides its patients and their caregivers.

Fort Worth has a special place in my heart and always will. I am from Fort Worth, my family is still here, and I just love the city and the people. I am looking forward to getting to know the physicians, nurses, and staff at these two new facilities and learning how I can best help their patients. This is such a great partnership between three great Fort Worth groups.

If you are in Fort Worth or know someone that is being treated here, please come see me or reach out. I would love to meet you and help you in any way that I can!

Blessings,


Kelsey

________________________________________________________________________________



Kelsey Thompson is the Fort Worth Patient Advocate for the North Texas Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  She understands the patient experience as a blood and marrow transplant registered nurse. Kelsey meets with patients and their families after receiving a blood cancer diagnosis.  


Contact Kelsey:
Kelsey.Thompson@lls.org

No comments:

Post a Comment