Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Meet Brian Brooks



The North Texas Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is pleased to introduce its newest addition to the Special Events team.  Meet Brian Brooks, the Senior Campaign Manager in the Fort Worth office.  He will be focused on helping to grow the Tarrant County area through the Man & Woman of the Year campaign and Over the Edge.  Read below as he introduces herself. 


"Hello everyone! I’m very excited to be a part of the North Texas LLS team. It’s hard to sum up one’s life in a few paragraphs, but I’ll do my best.

How many people do you know that were born in Wyoming? Well, if you’ve met me, you know one. I moved around a number of times as a kid, living in Arizona and Michigan. After finishing high school in Michigan, I moved back to Arizona to be the first in my family to attend and graduate from college. I am a very proud alum of Arizona State University, and am very active with the DFW alumni chapter as a board member and past president. After finishing college, I ended up back in Michigan, and am slowly working my way back south and west. I have been in the DFW area for about 10 years now.

I have been working in non-profit for many years, with stints for the Boy Scouts of American in Detroit and South Bend, Indiana; the Barbara Gordon Montessori School in Colleyville; Cystic Fibrosis Foundation; and the American Heart Association. My experience is in both marketing and development, having been both a communications director and development director with focus on the Fort Worth area of DFW.

I have two sons, Brendan, who is 16, and Jake, who is 4. They are a couple of the goofiest kids I’ve ever met, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. They are my world. In my “spare time,” I also operate a very small photography business, Double B Photography. I consider this my “non-profit” business, because I really don’t do it for the money. Music is also a big part of my life. I have been around radio all of my life, and was even an on-air personality for a number of years. I was also a club DJ for about 15 years, and am still known to pull out the turntables every once in a while – nothing is more pure than the sound of your favorite song on vinyl.

I feel that something bigger brought me to LLS. My uncle passed away after many years of battling chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), and a very dear friend of mine is a survivor of myeloma. I am very excited to help grow our presence in Fort Worth." 

We are happy to have Brian as part of the North Texas family.  Reach out and introduce yourself.  He can be contacted at Brian.Brooks@lls.org or (817) 288-2630. 

No comments:

Post a Comment