Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Five Alive: Race to Raise $100,000

Gifts LLS staff left on the Nesbit's doorstep after reaching
their original goal of raising $100,000
Team Five Alive, led by Kelly and David Nesbit, are celebrating in this month's post.  Read as Kelly gives an exciting update on the status of their race to raise $100,000 in one year.

"Have you ever been in a situation that you wanted something so bad you can almost taste it?

I can only imagine how it might feel for someone that hears the news that they have been diagnosed with cancer. They want to be cured so bad! Or for the individual that is going through chemotherapy for the last time. They want for the treatment to have worked – so bad they can almost taste it!

For my amazing teammates on Team 5 Alive that are training for endurance events, I wonder how many times they wanted something so bad? I am willing to bet that things like this cross their minds: I wish the temperature was cooler! I wish we didn’t have to do so many miles! I wish my legs or feet didn’t hurt! I can’t wait for this to be over! SO BAD! While I know they go through a fair amount of struggles during training – I also know they do it because they want a cure for blood cancer – so bad they can almost taste it!

Team 5 Alive made a commitment last February to lock arms and begin our journey to raise $100,000 in 12 months... AND WE DID IT!!! This is in celebration of my husband’s 5 years in remission. (He walked out of the chemo room on July 13, 2011 for the last time.) We knew that if we achieved our team’s fundraising goal that we would then be able to designate a research grant for blood cancer. As I type today – we accomplished that goal in less than FIVE MONTHS.  Now, we are setting our goal for a much larger target - $250,000! 

Stay tuned as we continue to share our progress. Next month our very own Honored Hero, David Nesbit, will share with you his personal journey as a blood cancer survivor and his connection with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and Team in Training."


________________________________________________________________________________



Kelly and David Nesbit are the co-team captain of Team Five Alive.  The Nesbits and their teammates will be posting monly as they work to raise $250,000 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in honor of  David's fight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment