Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Finish YOUR Race: An Interview With the Author


Don Armstrong, a leukemia survivor and ardent volunteer and advocate for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), released his book Finish YOUR Race earlier today.  (Purchase it now on Amazon.)  It chronicles his journey from the moment he heard "you have cancer" to now.  His stories will inspire people with strategies and lessons he learned to accomplish their goals.  

Below Don answers a couple questions about the book and what compelled him to write it.

Why did you feel the desire to write this book?
I faced an illness eleven years ago that could have taken my life. My cancer journey was filled with uncertainty and challenges that tested me on a daily basis.  I learned a lot about myself and life on this journey.  I wrote Finish YOUR Race to share the extraordinary lessons and strategies I learned during my journey.  I won’t want anyone to experience what I did with cancer, however, I would like everyone to know what I learned along the way.

What about this book is different than other motivational books?
This is a terrific question with a fairly simple answer.  I lived every minute of every hour of every day of this journey. My book is about real life experiences of this journey and the impact it had on me.  This journey changed almost everything about me – priorities, goals, directions and motivations.  I share these revelations in hopes that they will have a positive impact on the reader.
           
What do you hope people will take away from this book?
Setback can affect all of our lives to varying degrees. It is my hope that the reader will be equipped with strategies to empower their life and overcome any setback.  In the final analysis it’s not the setback but the way it’s handled that determines who we are in this world. Ultimately, it’s never too late to make a difference in yourself and others.  With courage, focus, and a positive spirit, you can discover, or rediscover, what living your best life means to you.

How did LLS play a role in your story?

The advancements made by LLS, since it was founded in 1949, made it possible for me to be alive today.  All of the dollars raised since 1949 led to the advancements such as chemotherapy, stem cell transplantation and so much more.  I don’t know that I would be here today if it wasn’t for the advancements and successes of LLS.

Don is donating 10% of his book sales TODAY to LLS.  Pick up your copy online by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment