Pages

Friday, April 14, 2017

#TNTBECAUSE: Meet Jim Hogan


We are continuing our series on the blog with interviewing current Team In Training (TNT) participants. Today we are chatting with Jim Hogan of Fort Worth.  He is an avid runner who has completed several marathons, ultra-marathons and triathlons. Jim has been involved with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) since 2009 where he currently serves on our North Texas Board of Directors, the Links for Leukemia Golf Tournament committee and is an active participant in the Light The Night Campaign.  Jim is currently training with Team In Training for the 2017 Boston Marathon and will be one of only two TNT participants representing Texas!


1. What made you decide to run Boston Marathon?

As an aging “injury prone” marathon runner, The Boston Marathon is the most prestigious marathon you can participate in.  I lost my mother to brain cancer last year and that inspired me to really start training again so that I could complete this final run, and what a marathon to end on! 

Jim's mom, Judy Hogan


2. What does it mean to you that you secured one of the coveted spots for this race?

As a runner it’s achieving Mt Everest! I am honored and blessed to be able to participate in one of the world’s greatest sporting events.  It’s very hard to be able to put into words how it feels knowing that in a few weeks I will be able to say that I am a Boston Marathon finisher.  I have come close to qualifying several times so knowing that it’s actually happening is quite surreal.  To top it all off I not only get to check off one from the bucket list, but get to do it representing a cause that I have been a part of for 8 years. I am so honored to get to run and represent LLS and TNT.


3. What got you involved with Team In Training?

I was introduced to TNT through work associates.  Being a runner for many years I really enjoyed the idea of being a part of a team and running for a cause.

Jim running the Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio Marathon


4. Finish this sentence, I do “TNTBecause…”

I do TNT because others are not able to. And what I mean by that is as I got more involved with LLS we get the opportunity to visit hospitals and meet children and parents who are affected by blood cancers.  I run for them!

5. Anything else interesting that you would like to tell us?
 

I have 3 awesome boys who keep me insanely busy.  I am surrounded by family and a great group friends who support me in all of my endeavors and craziness.  I am a very lucky man!

Jim's sons
  _____________________________________________________________________________

It's not too late to join Jim and the TEAM this season.  Register for an event today.
www.teamintraining.org

No comments:

Post a Comment