Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

New Volunteer Coordinator Alexis Meyer

The North Texas Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is pleased to introduce you to Alexis Meyer. She recently joined the North Texas LLS family and is the new Volunteer Coordinator.  Alexis is a recent graduate of Texas State University in San Marcos.  She is already hard at work lining up volunteers for the upcoming 2017 chapter events. Reach out and say hi when you see her at an upcoming event.  In the meantime, she answered a couple questions so you can get to know her better.



1. Tell us about your nonprofit background.
In college, I helped host events benefiting Ronald McDonald House Charities, which developed my passion for service and eventually paved my path to my current position at The Leukemia and Lymphoma society.

2. What attracted you to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society?

It became very evident to me the men and women who work for LLS are passionate and diligent about their career and the LLS mission. I could immediately see their dedication and ingenuity shine through their events and campaigns as they help try to find a cure for blood cancer.


3. What do you think is so interesting about working with teams and individuals in a 
volunteer capacity?

The enthusiasm these volunteers show is humbling. So many of our volunteers have been affected by blood cancer in some way, but continue to fill our events with their motivating and positive spirit. The best part about volunteering for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is how easy and rewarding the experience is. Individuals or teams can volunteer for as few or as many events as desired, and I can ensure that our volunteers are placed in the roles that fit best for them.

4. What are you most looking forward to with 
your new position this next year? 

I am so excited to build relationships with our many volunteers and participants at future LLS events. I will also be involved with our Student Series program, so I am looking forward to helping educate and encourage students of North Texas.

5. What do you want people to know about you?


I want people to know that they can contact me for anything! Whether is it your family, friends, company, school or organization that is looking to donate time to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, I will make sure the experience is exciting and rewarding, and that your time is recognized.

My contact information is below:
Direct: (972) 996- 5914  

No comments:

Post a Comment