I joined Team In Training after hearing a lady at boot camp mention that there was a group that was going to be hiking the Grand Canyon. I thought, "I don't have any friends that would consider doing that so I looked into what TNT was all about" and I joined that day. I had a niece at the age of 7 who battled cancer and I wanted to find a way to give back to others and this has been a great fit for me. Raising money for a great cause and I get a great exercise program, have met some great people and developed long lasting friendships.
2) I will offer to pick up any items that they want to get rid of because it helps collect more stuff.
3) I always post an LLS Sign so that folks know there is a reason for this garage sale and it makes it easy to ask them to give a little more. When I list things on ebay and Craigs list, I let people know that the money is going to LLS and it seems to get peoples attention.
4) Borrow hanger from the dry cleaners so that clothes can be hung up and easy to see. I have also created my own clothes rack by purchasing a long pipe at home depot for a few bucks and then use two ladders to hold it.
5) Take used books to Half Price Books as you get more money for them than selling in the garage sale.
6) Sell bottled water
7) Advertise your garage sale on Craigs list a few days prior to the event... let them know that this is a fundraiser for Team In Training.
Happy Garage Sale!