Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mother's Day Profile: Rainey Fogiel



Three years ago (2010) I had the honor to be asked if I would chair the fabulous Saint Valentine's Day Luncheon and Fashion Show to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). I immediately declined, as I had done for other wonderful charities requests in the past.  I have a full time business and cannot imagine chairing an event unless I can put 100% of my heart and time into making it the success it deserves to be.

I discussed it further with my family and was eaten up with remorse as if there was to be any charity that I would want to embrace it had to be this one, as my sister-in-law and my best friend both were in the middle of fighting a blood cancer. My sister-in-law had in fact benefitted by receiving a couple of grants from the monies raised at this Luncheon for LLS.

My daughter Natalie, 25 years old and at the time just enrolled in the MBA program at SMU, was my cheerleader. I finally conceded and told her that I would take it on if she were to be my co-chair. She happily agreed and we were excited to be the first mother/daughter co-chairs. We adored working on this event side by side for close to nine months with the tremendous help and support of the local LLS team of Michelle, Stacey and Libby.

Our event fell in the midst of the biggest snowstorm in decades and it still was a whopping success due to the many loyal longtime supporters, sponsors and friends. Crawford Brock of Stanley KORSHAK and Jan Strimple are the backbone of this successful event

Natalie and I felt blessed to be part of such an amazing organization and still get chills when we discuss the tremendous gratification it brought the two of us, in addition to the most special bonding experience.

Rainey Fogiel

If you would like to take time to honor a mother, like Rainey, in your life please consider making a donation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society this Mother's Day.

Make a donation
online
and a letter of recognition of your gift will be sent to the mother you are honoring with your donation. You are also welcome to mail in a donation to: LLS, Attn: Mother's Day, 8111 LBJ Fwy., Ste 425, Dallas, TX 75251.

Thank you and Happy Mother's Day from the North Texas Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment