Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Campbell Weber: New Volunteer Coordinator


The North Texas Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is pleased to introduce you to Campbell Weber.  He recently joined the North Texas LLS family and is the new Volunteer Coordinator.  Campbell has extensive experience working with volunteers, blood cancer and is a really great guy.  He is already hard at work lining up volunteers for the 2014 Light The Night Walks.  Reach out and say hi when you see him at an upcoming event.  In the meantime, he answered a couple questions so you can get to know him better.

Do you have a connection to blood cancers and LLS?
Unfortunately both of my grandmothers passed away from blood cancers in the last few years, which was very hard for my family.  My mother and my aunt had gotten very involved with LLS and decided to embark on the Team In Training Grand Canyon hike a few years ago.  The two of them raised a very impressive amount of money for the campaign (more than $20,000!) and it was a great tribute to my grandmothers.  With the deaths in our family and the very inspiring story of a family friend that is a blood cancer survivor because of an LLS-funded trial, I decided to get involved with the organization and was a proud sponsor of the Light The Night Walk in San Antonio.  I always thought it would be cool to work for LLS and raise money to fight the cancers that my grandmothers passed from.  It's pretty neat that I am now fulfilling that dream and I know they'd be proud.

What is your favorite fact or stat about LLS and our research?
My favorite fact is: to date, LLS has invested more than $1 billion in research to advance therapies and save lives.

You are have extensive experience in working with volunteers.  Why do you enjoy it?
I enjoy working with volunteers because a volunteer is working toward a mission out of pure pride.  Volunteers work their tails off because they want to be there and they want to help in any way they can.  How could I not enjoy working with people like that?

What do you want people to know about you when they meet you?
I'm a very happy and optimistic guy.

If you had an extra $100, how would you spend it?
Probably end up buying something for my wife!

If you would like to volunteer or just say hi to Campbell, you can contact him at campbell.weber@lls.org or (972) 996-5914.

No comments:

Post a Comment