Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Meet the Coach: Toni Eddings


Toni Eddings, a longtime supporter of Team In Training (TNT) and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), will serve as one of the marathon coaches in Fort Worth during the Spring Season.  If you have not met her at one of our events, you will want to read along to learn why she decided to join TNT as a coach for the first time this season.

How long have you been coaching with TNT?

This will be my first time coaching with the TEAM!  I am super excited!  I have done three events as a participant.  My first was Nike DC Half Marathon, second was the Nike San Francisco Half Marathon and the third was the Play-Tri Festival in Irving, TX.

What is your style of coaching?

Having never coached before I am not sure what that style will actually be but I have had many teammates tell me that I am a great encourager.

Some people are intimidated by the idea of training for a full or half marathon.  What advice would you give them?

If a goal is not at least a little bit scary then you are not aiming high enough!  Two years ago I was 50 pounds heavier and couldn't run to the end of my driveway.  I've now done five half marathons, a spring triathlon and an Olympic distance triathlon.  I never thought of myself as an athlete and now I am a TRI athlete!  I can do do it, anyone can!

Is there an Honored Hero that has left a lasting impact on  you?  Who and why?

When I started training with TNT I didn't have a close tie with any Honored Heroes but since then I have met and become close to so many awesome survivors and the families of those who did not make it.  All of these people inspire me daily!  They have all overcome extreme difficulties and instead of giving up they are BACK!  That is awesomeness in action!

What is the best kept secret about TNT?

The best kept secret about TNT is that it quickly becomes an addiction to get up ridiculously early every Saturday and go run ridiculous distances!

What is the best training advice you have ever received?

You can do way more than you think you can if you quit thinking you can't.

Join Toni this season by registering at www.teamintraining.org/ntx


GO TEAM!


No comments:

Post a Comment