Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Man of the Year Candidate: Keith Pearson


Meet Keith Pearson.  Keith is a longtime supporter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, a member of the North Texas Board of Trustees and now a candidate in the inaugural Man of the Year campaign.  Below he talks about what initially brought him to LLS and what he has planned to raise the most money during this 10-week fundraising blitz.

Name:
Keith D. Pearson

Occupation:
CEO of a Retained Executive Search Firm and Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees for the North Texas Chapter of LLS.

Connection to blood cancers:
 I have a personal connection, since my wife’s late grandmother was a victim, and a close family friend also died from it. His father passed away a short time later, from what I believe was a broken heart. Personally seeing and feeling the horrific effects of these diseases really left a strong impression on me, and I wanted to help support finding a cure. - See more at: http://www.pearsonpartnersintl.com/keith-pearson-lls/#sthash.bgMjbTup.dpuf

Why do you support LLS:
After the loss of my friend to the leukemia, I decided to join Team in Training and enter the Oklahoma City marathon. Team in Training helps you to organize your campaign and solicit donations to the Society from your network. In turn they provide training, travel costs, race entry fees and a race day jersey, which I am wearing in the picture above as I crossed the finish line. I’ve been an avid runner since the mid-1990s. I ran the NYC marathon in 1997 and 1999 and have completed several marathons and ultrathons  since then. For years I had wanted to do one through Team in Training so all of my hard work would benefit others as well as myself.  One night I went to Central Market to learn about the Team in Training opportunity and sign up. The next morning, I had a previously scheduled breakfast with a friend who turned out to be a board member of LLS. He asked me if I’d consider serving on the board. This was shortly after the passing of my friend and his father. It seemed to me to be a sign, and that the timing was right.  I currently serve as the Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees for the North Texas Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Campaign Strategy:

My campaign strategy is to reach out to my network of friends, clients and candidates and share my story.  My network of friends has followed me through a number of campaigns for LLS and my personal obsession with ultrathons.

Upcoming Fundraising Events to Benefit Your Campaign:

I am not hosting an event but if you would like to support my campaign you could buy a table, a ticket or sponsor package and join us at the Grand Finale Gala at the Westin Galleria Hotel on May 30th

Why Should you be the Man of the Year in North Texas:

It would be a tremendous honor to be the inaugural North Texas LLS Man of the Year.  Since this is first year to have the Man and Woman of the Year event in Dallas we all want to make a major impression nationally.

Where can people follow your success/events during this 10 week campaign:
  http://www.mwoy.org/pages/ntx/dfw15/kpearson

No comments:

Post a Comment