Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Man of the Year Candidate: Stuart Boslow


Meet Stuart Boslow.  He is one of the inaugural Man of the Year candidates in North Texas.  He has jump-started his fundraising efforts in this 10-week fundraising blitz by planning a big blowout at The Rustic on April 9th.  Read below to learn about why Stuart is so passionate about The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, his upcoming concert and where you can track what else he's doing to raise money.

Name:
Stuart Boslow

Occupation:
Television Executive

Connection to blood cancers:
My partner, Jason, found a lump under his arm in April 2009 and thought nothing of it because he felt fine and was living a healthy, active life.  We watched and waited about a month until he made an appointment to see the doctor and was diagnosed with Stage IV Burkitt’s lymphoma, a very aggressive form of Hodgkin’s lymphoma.  One year to the day after his diagnosis, Jason passed away on May 28, 2008.  I was 29 years old.  Most of my friends were getting married and having kids and I was dealing with the loss of my loved one.  The experience of being a caregiver changed my life.  I felt completely helpless – I didn’t know what to do, I felt alone without resources geared towards what I was experiencing, and wanted to fight the disease for Jason.  After he passed away I dedicated myself not only to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society because of the resources it provides to patients but also caregivers.

Why do you support LLS:
Because of the courage of Jason in his battle with blood cancer, I wanted to continue that fighting spirit and help others who continue to fight this disease.  For the last six years I have raised money through “Team Jason” for the Light The Night Walk and have raised more than $50,000 with the support of my family and friends.  I know Jason would be proud to know that his legacy is helping other patients who are currently battling a blood cancer.

Campaign Strategy:
I’m hoping to pull out all the stops in a no-holds-barred concert at The Rustic and utilize my friends and family to get a really great group of people together to help me honor Jason’s legacy while listening to great 80s music and raising money in his honor.

Upcoming Fundraising Events to Benefit Your Campaign:
#TBT to the 80’s Concert at The Rustic featuring The Molly Ringwalds, Thurs, Apr 9th - tickets at bit.ly/LLStbt80s

Why Should You be the Man of the Year in North Texas:
My dedication to this cause will continue whether or not I’m crowned ‘Man of the Year’. To me, this is just one more way to support an incredible organization that does amazing things with the money it receives.

Where can people follow your success/events during the campaign:
Twitter (@StewieB) and Instagram (@StewieB80)

No comments:

Post a Comment