Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2016

#TNTBECAUSE - Meet Jennifer Massaviol

Here is our third in a series of posts leading up to the BMW Dallas Marathon. Today we are interviewing Jennifer Massaviol.  She has been involved with LLS since 2009 when her Dad, Dave Eckberg, served as a team Honored Hero.  Read on to hear why she is doing the Dallas Marathon.




1. What made you decide to run the BMW Dallas Marathon?

It's such a great, local event.  Though I'm doing the Vegas Half in November, I didn't want to miss out on the excitement of participating in the BMW Dallas Marathon.


2What does it mean to you that the BMW Dallas Marathon has been named a national event for Team In Training?
It means that we can look forward to a sea of purple people swarming into Dallas to join the fight against blood cancers.  It's always so inspiring to see so many TNT participants working together for a common cause.


3. What got you involved with Team In Training?

 I joined TNT in 2009 after my dad had been an Honored Hero and participant for a couple of years.  I started out walking half marathons with him.  The 2009 Dallas Half-Marathon was my first event.  When my dad was no longer able to train, I decided that I would complete a full Dallas Marathon -- to complete my half and also his.  I'm now fundraising for my 8th and 9th seasons with TNT.


4. Finish this sentence, I do “TNTBecause…”

... it makes me feel less powerless in my dad's fight against leukemia.
... TNT is made up of so many wonderful people.
... I've seen so much progress in the treatments for blood cancers since my dad's diagnosis, and I want to be a part of one day soon finding a CURE.



5. Tell us about the team you’ve formed to run the relay with.
My team is comprised mainly of co-workers.  A TNT teammate (Cate Gussio) and I discovered that we were co-workers at Sprint.  A year later we decided to pull together a Sprint team to run the relay at the Dallas Marathon.

You can read more about Jen's story here

______________________________________________________________________________


Did you know?

  • BMW Dallas Marathon is the longest running race in the state of Texas
  • More than 40 different bands are on the course for your entertainment
  • Stay 2 nights at the TNT hotel and you can skip expo lines and have your packet waiting in your hotel room!
  • Earn Awesome Fundraising Incentives
Join the Dallas Marathon TNT Team or join the 5 Person Relay!  150 people have already taken the challenge.  Contact Mariel Bongiovanni for more details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment