1. What made you decide to run the BMW Dallas Marathon?
North Texas is our home and we enjoy running and training in the fall in order to take part in the BMW Dallas Marathon. This will be Cheryl's 8th marathon and it will be Chris' 7th with TNT.
2. What does it mean to you that the BMW Dallas Marathon has been named a national event for Team In Training?
We are Texas proud! There is nothing better to see than the sea of Team In Training participants in purple running in Dallas and hearing "Go Team" echo through the downtown buildings. We look forward to seeing all the TNT participants from across the nation joining together for the same cause.
3. What got you involved with Team In Training?
Our son James was diagnosed with ALL in April of 2008, just prior to his 5th birthday. After a year of intensive treatment and many hospital stays, his health stabilized. At that point, we wanted to do more to make sure no child would ever have to go through what James had to endure. This year marks James 5th year from being done with the chemo treatment that lasted 3 1/2 years. James is our hero and our motivation to come back year after year.
Because if we don't who will.
5. Tell us about the team you’ve formed to run the relay with.
We have not done the relay but the two of us are a team. Together we have had sleepless nights worrying about James, stressed about how to make all of the right decisions about his treatment and struggled wondering if there will be another shoe that is waiting to drop with his health. Together we plow through the 26.2 miles each year hoping and praying the efforts of Team in Training members and great researchers make more discoveries to help the next James Berg.
Did you know?
- BMW Dallas Marathon is the longest running race in the state of Texas
- More than 40 different bands are on the course for your entertainment
- Stay 2 nights at the TNT hotel and you can skip expo lines and have your packet waiting in your hotel room!
- Earn Awesome Fundraising Incentives
Join the Dallas Marathon TNT Team or join the 5 Person Relay! 150 people have already taken the challenge. Contact Mariel Bongiovanni for more details.